What girl doesn't like to be pampered?! More importantly, what girl doesn't like to be pampered and looking her best on her wedding day? If you ask us, every bride not only wants to look and feel her best, but she deserves it too. Some of our favorite moments with our brides (and even in photos from past clients) are when you can see them flirting with themselves in the mirror. To us, it is a sign of a job wel done. This feeling doesn't just apply to bride either. The female members of the wedding party, including moms and grandmothers, all deserve to look and feel their best.
Many of our clients tell us that their attendants don't want to pay for professional hair and makeup services because they can either do it themselves, or they cannot afford to pay for it. We understand that being in a wedding is a huge commitment, both time-wise and financially. We often tell brides that providing professional hair and makeup services for the girls is one of the single-most important things they can do. Our best advice for brides is to tell your bridesmaids to put a few dollars a week away in the months leading up to the wedding, and by the time the wedding rolls around, they will have enough money to splurge on professional hair and makeup for your big day. Many brides also pay (either in-full or a certain dollar amount) towards the hair and makeup to make it more affordable for their girls. Although we are a little biased on the subject, we truly believe that this small expense makes a big difference, both on the day of the wedding (less stress on everyone), as well as for years to come (photos last a lifetime).
After doing hair and makeup professionally for over 15 years, we can tell you that having your hair and makeup professionally makes a HUGE difference. Every professional photographer will attest to this. Below are a few reasons why you should hire a professional hair and makeup artist for your big day.
- A hairstylist will make your hairstyle look good from EVERY angle the camera captures. It's easy to do your own hair and make it look good from the front or the back, but there is no telling what angles the photographer will capture. A professional will know how to make your hairstyle look balanced, full and flattering from the front, back, sides, top, whatever angle the camera captures.
- -A makeup artist knows how to bring out your best features. Highlighting and contouring in the wrong places can accentuate the wrong things, while highlighting and contouring in the right places will make you look your best
- A hairstylist knows how to make the most of your hair type. A lot of brides come to us saying "I don't know what you can do with this fine, thin hair" or "I don't know what you can do with this massive mane I have". You would be amazed what a hairstylist can do with your hair! Having experience with so many hair types, they will make your fine hair look full and your thick hair look proportionate. It's not uncommon to have a bride leave saying "I didn't know my hair could do that!"
- A makeup artist knows how to style for photographs. Every day makeup looks great in person (see previous post), but there are a lot of different techniques when it comes to photos.
- Professional hairstylists and makeup artists use the right products and techniques to make your hair and makeup last ALL day. It's one thing to look great when you leave your house that morning, it's another thing to still look great when you make your grand exit that night. Professional makeup, hair tools and experience will all help you to look picture perfect all day long.We hope that that these few reasons help you realize the importance of professional hair and makeup for your big day, for not only yourself, but for your wedding party as well. For more information or to schedule your wedding day beauty services, give us a call or email and we will be happy to create your perfect look.Until next time, remember to Live Beautifully!xoxo~The Glam Squad